Membership available now!
We are always welcoming new members. If you have any questions feel free to reach out: call or text us at 639-800-SAIL(7245) or email.
Learn to Sail
July 17 to 23rd 2023. Booking available soon. We did sell out last year in a few days. For more information or to be notified when bookings open please email.
These lessons are a great opportunity to learn new skills or improve old ones.
Great Sailing Club Sponsors
What We Offer
- Club Facilities – Located on a bluff the clubhouse overlooks Last Mountain Lake. The clubhouse has kitchen facilities, a lounge area as well as BBQ’s and picnic tables available to our members and their guests.
- Boat Storage- Two locked compounds are available year round for members with dinghies, and boats on trailers are able to park on the property year-round space permitting.
- Club Boats – the club has a number of boats available for members to use during sanctioned events that you can use to practise in. There is a wide range of boats available from Lasers to Sirens. The boats are available to any member who has CanSail 2 or “assessed equivalent” or when supervised by a fully qualified member
- Regattas – The Club hosts its own regatta each year, and you are also able to use the club as your “qualifying location” for 5-10 or more regattas around the Province between late May and mid September. We also hold regular on-water training season sessions on Wednesday evenings and weekends in preparation for these regattas. See club calendar for full list of sailing events, per the club boat use policy.
- Friendly Atmosphere – The club offers a friendly, family oriented atmosphere. A number of sailing and related social activities are organized throughout the season, including a racing regatta which attracts sailors from all over the province. And you can invite your friends out for a picnic or a BBQ any time!
- Proud Legacy – We have had successful performances by club members at Provincial, Regional, National and International competitions. We were also the host of the Jeux du Canada Summer Games (2005), Western Canadian Championships and Sail West Events on numerous occasions!